Webroot security software offers flexible options to its users for a better experience. Along with protecting your data against cybercrime or viruses, the software also lets you create a backup in case of a loss. On a contrast, you can also stop files/ folders from synchronizing.
Once you install Webroot Antivirus with keycode, you can use the software to create a backup of your data. In certain chances, you lose the data saved on your device’s memory and it becomes hard or nearly impossible to recover it, therefore, Webroot automatically synchronizes all the data and creates a back for you. On the other hand, when you do not want to create a backup of file or folder, you have the liberty to stop it from being uploaded on your Webroot account.
If the folder does not hold an importance, you may choose to stop its synchronization and it will is not occupying unnecessary space on the cloud space. Disabling folder(s) from synchronization or removing a folder from the record does not remove it from your computer. If you want to remove folders from synchronizing on Webroot account, connect with Webroot Customer support to get manual support. You may also attempt to follow the steps described below.
Steps to remove folders from synchronizing on Webroot:
- Click Start button, search for Webroot SecureAnywhere, and launch
- On the main interface displays, go to Backup & Sync
- Click the Backup & Sync gear icon.
- Click on the column section of Folders tab
- Mark the folder(s) you want to enable from synchronizing and do one among the below options:
- Unmark the Enabled checkbox
- Click on the Remove radio button
- The folder will no longer appear in the section and will stop from being synchronized to your Webroot account
- After completing the steps, close the Window
You have successfully stopped the synchronization of the file to create their backup on Webroot. In case you face any trouble while executing steps, kindly get Webroot support for a quick fix.